The Advancing & Redefining Communities for Emergency Management (ARC) Conference – December 2016 – Washington, DC
Society for the Advancement of Disaster Nursing (SADN) was well represented at the ARC conference that took place in Washington, D.C. in December, 2016. Many of our leaders participated in the two day conference. An enthusiastic audience attended our excellent panel presentation during the breakout sessions. Aram Dobalian (Director, Veterans Emergency Management Evaluation Center (VEMEC) moderated the session entitled Nurses as Leaders in Disaster Preparedness and Response: A Call to Action.
SADN leaders who presented included:
Mary Pat Couig, Program Manager of Office of Nursing Services, US Department of Veterans Affairs
Anne Griffin, Senior Program Manager, Veterans Emergency Management Evaluation Center
Roberta Proffitt Lavin, Associate Dean for Academic Programs College of Nursing, University of Missouri–St Louis
Tener Goodwin Veenema, Associate Professor of School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University; President and CEO, Tener Consulting Group LLC
According to the conference website:
“ARC Conference is an annual event for interdisciplinary professionals with in an interest in disaster/emergency planning and recovery efforts to:
- Learn how to provide timely access to high-quality care in disasters and emergencies;
- Participate in interactive sessions, plenaries, and workshops;
- Identify gaps and sets priorities for the field of emergency management;
- Discuss and share recommendations and lessons learned with peers and partners; and
- Attend networking gatherings to expand professional networks.”
The 2017 ARC Conference will take place in San Diego, California
To learn more, visit the ARC conference website: ARC
Important work, and very much needed!
Thank you! We appreciate your support!